Summer Sprouts Garden Camp
A GARDEN TO TABLE EXPERIENCE FOR CHILDREN
Enjoy the summer sunshine while learning how to grow and cook local food. Each week we will explore a different plant in season and share a snack prepared from the garden!
- Programs are free and open to summer camps in the vicinity of our community gardens.
- Programs are intended for ages 6-12. We have a group size limit of 15 per program.
- Programs will be cancelled in the case of inclement weather (i.e. excessive heat, wind advisory, heavy rain, lightning, etc.)
Contact: Ellie Falk, firstname.lastname@example.org
In summer 2019 we gardened with our Sprouts in the Pendleton, West End and Amberley Green gardens. Check back here in spring 2020 to see where we will be gardening next summer.
Example agenda for each session:
- Arrival, circle time & introduction of seasonal plant
- Garden harvest & food preparation
- Community snack
- Garden task
- Reflection & departure
Example weekly plants (may change from year to year):
- Week 1: Lettuce
- Week 2: Beets
- Week 3: Kale and Collards
- Week 4: Basil
- Week 5: Watermelon
- Week 6: Zucchini
- Week 7: Peppers
- Week 8: Tomatoes