The workshops listed on this page are offered free of charge to all interested educators! Scroll down to learn more about our School Garden Workshops and take advantage of resource links on our archive pages.
SCHOOL GARDEN WORKSHOPS
Bimonthly workshops are offered to teachers free of charge in an effort to build a community of gardeners to support all of the amazing efforts happening in our region. Advance registration is appreciated but not required except for the School Garden Development Training. Each session we will have a table of free resources and certificates for continuing education units.
Contact Ellie Falk at firstname.lastname@example.org 513.221.0981 for details and registration.
- Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:30-5pm Fall Seed Giveaway presented by the Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:30-5pm Creating a 5 Senses Garden presented by Howie Zuefle, Verdure Landscaping LLC
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:30-5pm 52 Weeks in the School Garden presented by Abby Strietmann, former School Garden Assistant at the Civic Garden Center (join us as we debut our weekly garden guide along with standards based lessons!)
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:30-5pm Spring Seed Giveaway presented by the Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Thursday, April 12, 2018 3:30-5pm Assessing Student Learning with panel speakers Bryna Bass from the Rothenberg Rooftop Garden, Victoria Carr from the Arlitt Center for Education, Research, & Sustainability, Connie O’Connor from the Cincinnati Nature Center and Tony Staubach from the Ohio State University Extension
- Thursday, June 21, 2018 9am-3:30pm School Garden Development Training presented by the Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati (RSVP by June 15th required)
Civic Garden Center Publications:
- 52 Weeks in the School Garden Guide
- Civic Garden Center School Garden Manual
- June, July & August Curriculum
Workshop Series Archive:
- Aligning Garden Lessons to Common Core
- Cooking with Students
- Five Senses Garden
- Involving Community Partners
- Managing Student Behavior Outdoors
- Starting a Native Habitat for Wildlife
- Grant Writing Basics
- Starting & Saving Seeds
- Winter Gardening
We are happy to offer custom training options at your location for $50/hour. Contact Ellie Falk at email@example.com 513.221.0981 for details and registration.