Annual Appeal: Our Story
Leading the Way
Communities grow stronger when citizens connect with each other and their environment. Today, we are moving into a new era. The world is rapidly changing. Our communities are increasingly divided and seeking meaningful connections. Environmental stewardship and sustainability are crucial to our future.
The Civic Garden Center takes seriously its mission to build community. With a commitment to diversity and accessibility, the Civic Garden Center serves people from across all backgrounds, neighborhoods, races and economic levels. We bring people together and serve segments of the community that often lack access to environmental education or green space.
A Need for What We Do
Our community’s need for the Civic Garden Center continues to grow:
- The demand for our youth and adult programming is at an all time high.
- Environmental education and stewardship are important issues facing our world today.
- Building relationships and understanding is crucial to creating strong, resilient communities.
- Citizens are seeking ways to affect change and to live more sustainably on a local level.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education is critical to prepare our youth with 21st century skills.
- Cincinnati is ranked fourth in childhood poverty according to The National Center for Children in Poverty, making accessible education and community building opportunities even more paramount.
Let’s Grow Together
CGC is uniquely positioned to inspire people, businesses and communities to come together to be stewards of our environment, our neighbors, and our communities in order to realize a more sustainable future. Ours is a growing community, across multiple generations, of people aspiring to be good environmental citizens.
Today, your gift will support:
- Invasive species removal and native plant replacements at 2 sites that are part of our Treeforestation initiative.
- Monthly gardening and cooking classes that are part of our Victory Gardens effort in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- New adult education classes that focus on helping people to learn how to live more sustainably at home, at school, at work and in their neighborhood.
- Collaboration with Cincinnati Parks to turn the entire 8-acre Hauck Garden site into a cutting-edge outdoor classroom.
We hope you’re proud to be one of the people who support some of the most important work the Civic Garden Center has ever done. We work hard to earn your trust, to be good stewards of your gift. Could you please help us out with a generous gift today? We look forward to working with you to help Cincinnati grow together.
The Civic Garden Center Team