The workshops listed on this page are offered free of charge to all interested educators! Scroll down to learn more about our School Garden Workshops and take advantage of resource links on our archive pages.
SCHOOL GARDEN WORKSHOPS
Bimonthly workshops are offered to teachers free of charge in an effort to build a community of gardeners to support all of the amazing efforts happening in our region. Advance registration is appreciated but not required except for the School Garden Development Training. Each session we will have a table of free resources and certificates for continuing education units.
Contact Ellie Falk at firstname.lastname@example.org 513.221.0981 for details and registration.
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:30-5pm Fall Seed Giveaway presented by the Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:30-5pm Composting in the School Garden presented by Cher Mohring and Angela Rivera, Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:30-5pm Creating Wildlife Habitat: Make Your Schoolyard Come Alive! presented by Steve Inglish, SW Ohio Habitat Ambassador, National Wildlife Federation
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:30-5pm Spring Seed Giveaway presented by the Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:30-5pm Summer Garden Maintenance presenter tbd
- Summer 2020 (tbd) 9:00am-3pm School Garden Development Training presented by the Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati staff (RSVP required)
Civic Garden Center Publications:
Workshop Series Archive:
- Aligning Garden Lessons to Common Core
- Cooking with Students
- Creating Wildlife Habitat: Make Your Schoolyard Come Alive
- Engaging Volunteers in School Gardens
- Five Senses Garden
- Involving Community Partners
- Managing Student Behavior Outdoors
- Starting a Native Habitat for Wildlife
- Grant Writing Basics
- Starting & Saving Seeds
- Winter Gardening
We are happy to offer custom training options at your location for $50/hour. Contact Ellie Falk at email@example.com 513.221.0981 for details and registration.