For decades the Civic Garden Center has been THE place to go to learn about gardening, horticulture, and urban sustainability. In the face of Covid-19 we are continuing to fill that educational need through online education, including videos, resource lists, and relevant articles posted on this page and on social media. Check out some of our videos below, more are on their way!
Our mission is building community through gardening, education, and environmental stewardship. Now more than ever maintaining a strong community to support one another is vitally important. In isolation, we must stay together.
- Community Gardens
- Container Gardening
- Fall Gardening: Season Extension
- How to Build a Raised Garden Bed
- Planning Your Fall Garden
- Planting Tomatoes
- Seed Starting with Common Household Items
- The Importance of Soil – Soil Testing
- Winterizing Your Garden
Hands on Horticulture
- Cucumber Magnolia
- Happy Native Plant Month!
- Native Plants Are Simply Better
- Social Distancing While Visiting Our Grounds
- Spring Ephemerals Native to Ohio – Bloodroot
- Spring Ephemerals Native to Ohio – Harbinger of Spring & Spring Beauty
- Spring Ephemerals Native to Ohio – Trout Lily
- Tent Caterpillars
- The Ant Dance
- What’s in Bloom Today – Magnolias
- The Importance of Bees
- The History of the Green Learning Station
- PSA: If You Love your Loo, Only Flush Paper, Pee, or Poo!
- Cincinnati’s Water Problems: Combined Sewer Overflows
- Composting 101: Why Compost?
- Composting 101: Getting Started
Connecting Kids with Nature
- Pollinator Scavenger Hunt
- Story Time: “And Then It’s Spring” & A Seed Starting Activity
- Story Time: “The Curious Garden” & A Garden Camera Activity
- Tree Identification
- Resource Guide: Gardening at Home Resources
About the Civic Garden Center
How are you continuing to live sustainably in these unique times? Click the graphics below to learn more from some of our friends how to best reduce your waste while spending more time at home.