For decades the Civic Garden Center has been THE place to go to learn about gardening, horticulture, and urban sustainability. In the face of Covid-19 we are continuing to fill that educational void through videos, resource lists, and relevant articles posted on this page and on social media. Check out some of our videos below, more are on their way!
Our mission is building community through gardening, education, and environmental stewardship. Now more than ever maintaining a strong community to support one another is vitally important. In isolation, we must stay together.
- How to Build a Raised Garden Bed
- Seed Starting with Common Household Items
- Planting Tomatoes
- The Importance of Soil – Soil Testing
- Community Gardens
Hands on Horticulture
- Spring Ephemerals Native to Ohio – Bloodroot
- Spring Ephemerals Native to Ohio – Harbinger of Spring & Spring Beauty
- Native Plants Are Simply Better
- What’s in Bloom Today – Magnolias
- Happy Native Plant Month!
- Social Distancing While Visiting Our Grounds
- The Ant Dance
- The Importance of Bees
- The History of the Green Learning Station
- PSA: If You Love your Loo, Only Flush Paper, Pee, or Poo!
- Cincinnati’s Water Problems: Combined Sewer Overflows
Connecting Kids with Nature
- Story Time: “And Then It’s Spring” & A Seed Starting Activity
- Gardening at Home Resources
- Story Time: “The Curious Garden” & A Garden Camera Activity
How are you continuing to live sustainably in these unique times? Click the graphics below to learn more from some of our friends how to best reduce your waste while spending more time at home.