Summer Sprouts Garden Camp
A GARDEN TO TABLE EXPERIENCE FOR FAMILIES
Enjoy the summer sunshine while learning how to grow and cook local food. Each week we will explore a different part of the plant life cycle and share a snack prepared from the garden! To register submit a permission form (use garden specific links below). The first 25 registrations will be accepted. We hope to see your family in the garden!
- Programs are free and open to all interested youth ages 6-12
- Each child must be accompanied by an adult and register with a signed permission form
- Programs will be cancelled in the case of inclement weather (i.e. excessive heat, wind advisory, heavy rain, lightning, etc.)
- We ask that each child/adult pair commit to attending at least six sessions.
Contact: Ellie Falk, firstname.lastname@example.org
In summer 2018 we gardened with our Sprouts in the Pendleton and West End gardens. Check back here in spring 2019 to see where we will be gardening next summer.
Example agenda for each two hour session:
- Arrival & garden scavenger hunt
- Circle time & introduction of theme
- Garden harvest & food preparation
- Community snack
- Garden tasks & art projects
- Reflection & departure
- Week 1: Soil & Compost
- Week 2: Seeds
- Week 3: Roots
- Week 4: Stems
- Week 5: Leaves
- Week 6: Flowers
- Week 7: Fruits
- Week 8: Celebration