THE Plant Sale
THE Plant Sale – Refreshed!
Save the Date May 3 – May 5
We’ve hit the refresh button on this 57-year-old tradition and we think you’re going to love it!
THE Plant Sale 2018 will kick off on Thursday, May 3rd from 6:00 – 9:00 PM with the Preview Party and run through Saturday, May 5th. (Since pigs really do fly in Cincinnati, we’ve decided to let them have the run of the city during the Flying Pig Marathon on Sunday!)
Here’s the NEW schedule of events:
Thursday, May 3rd
Preview Party — 6:00 – 9:00 PM (Ticketed event)
- First choice of all plants featured at the sale!
- Welcome cocktail by Molly Wellmann
- Dinner provided by Eli’s BBQ & LaSoupe
- Dessert provided by Dojo Gelato
- Live music with Love Train
- Wine from Skeleton Root
- Craft beer from Christian Moerlein, MadTree & Rhinegeist
- Reverse Raffle featuring tours, classes, gift cards and other goodies
Click here to purchase host tickets. Host tickets include admission, one drink ticket, complimentary valet parking, reverse raffle tickets and recognition on signage and our website.
Click here to purchase individual tickets. Individual tickets include admission, one drink ticket, and complimentary valet parking.
Friday, May 4th
A Happy Planet Happy Hour — 4:30 – 7:30 PM
We’re partnering with a variety of green organization to guide people in changing their lifestyles and practices to emulate sustainable natural cycles. Share your commitment to the environment and to the Civic Garden Center as we strive to create a unique zero waste event.
- Shop for unique plants
- Enjoy food from LaSoupe and a few Findlay Market Merchants
- Wine from Skeleton Root
- Craft beer from MadTree and Rhinegeist
- Check out a Tesla car, learn about backyard composting, beekeeping, solar panels, native plants and more
- Help reduce waste by using the Resource Recovery Stations around the event to compost and recycle
- Activities for the KIDS!
Saturday, May 5th
The Main Event — 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Plants are still the stars at THE Plant Sale! Free & Open to the Public
- Shop for heirlooms, natives, and other hard to find varieties of plants
- Select many of your tried and true plant favorites
- Grab a bite or a beverage from our food vendors
- Ask the experts booth and other informative speakers
- Tour our beautiful grounds or Green Learning Station
- Visit our Corner Shop in the lobby of the CGC facility to find well made garden tools, hand crafted garden related gifts, eco-chic and up-cycled items for the gardener, organic seeds and fine garden hats.
THE Plant Sale is still our main fundraising event for the year, so please tell your friends that every plant they buy helps provide funding for our community and school gardening, educational, and environmental stewardship programs.
Carts and wagons are supplied, but in high demand! Please bring your own wagon, basket or cart to carry plants through the sale and out to your car.
Parking is available through valets on Thursday night. Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. Parking is available at the Hand Surgery parking lot across Oak Street, and several other nearby locations. Park-a-Pot stations are set up throughout the site and in the CGC parking lot to assist you in keeping track of your plants while you’re at the sale and to make getting them to your car easier.
Plants are paid for at a central Check Out Station in the CGC parking lot. A new checkout system, implemented in 2015, helps our volunteers process customers as quickly as possible. Grouping your plants plants together by type (i.e. Annuals, Herbs, Veggies, etc.) helps assure a quicker check out. Cash, checks and all major credit cards are accepted.
See you in May!